I love my kitchen as it is a place for fun and experimenting for me. I love to cook for family and friends. Sometimes with close friends, it’s fun to create different dishes. It is rightly called, “Heart of the home.”
I like few things to be always there in my kitchen and it is incomplete without those accessories or gadgets. I am sharing with you all a list of kitchen accessories which are necessary and can make life easier.
It’s all about comfort and there should be things which can make our life comfortable-
- Mixer Grinder- This one is my favorite as this not only makes my work easier but saves a lot of time. Also, it can be used to make different things like shakes, juices, chutneys, chopping of vegetables, etc.
- Spice box– Spices are something which we all have and it’s hard to imagine our dishes without them. A good, sturdy and durable spice box and spice rack are very important.
- Storage containers- It’s good to have airtight containers at home to store all the ingredients and kitchen stuff. These days a huge range of containers are available to choose from and one should always go for good quality.
- Set of good knives– Whoever cooks, knows the value of a good knife. I have a favorite knife in my kitchen and I cannot use any other knife to cut and peel my vegetables. One most important tip is to check the grip while buying knives.
- Mixing bowls– I feel it’s good to have some nice mixing bowls in the kitchen. One should have different sizes of bowls as it makes cooking easier.
- Non-stick wok– I love my non-stick woks and pans. I cook all my dishes in these pans. Big woks are needed for Indian cooking and it’s important to have at least 2 good ones in the kitchen.
- Chopper- This is a new addition to my kitchen. It is really helpful as it saves chopping time. I also use it for chopping fruits for desserts too. This can be really useful for moms who have to sometimes invent fast recipes for kids.
- Strainer– Strainers are available in different shapes and sizes. These are must for straining while cooking many dishes like pasta, rice or for washing small kitchen ingredients.
- Cutlery– Serving spoons, small spoons, cooking spoons (skimmer, frying spoons, ladles etc.) are a must to have in all the kitchens.
- Cooker- There are different types of cookers- Normal steam cooker, rice cooker, electric cooker etc. I cannot imagine my cooking without a cooker. It not only saves time but also makes yummy and healthy food. Steamed food is always better than fried. Cooker helps us in steam cooking. I prefer electric cookers as they are easy to operate and cooks faster. I recently read a nice list of finest electric cookers on Top10Wala which clearly shows the variety you can get in this category.
This is my list of kitchen must-haves. What about you? Do share your list with me in comments below.