With so many long weekends coming up this year, one is keen to take short breaks with the family to nearby places. Here I list a few such resorts where the whole family can have a wonderful experience.
- Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay, Mahabalipuram – This beach resort offers stunning views of the Bay of Bengal. This place is ideal for relaxing and having fun with family. You can dine by the pool in the evenings, enjoy the breath-taking views and soak in the cool evening breeze. Along with a private beach, this property boasts of two pools- one meandering its way through the property and the other an infinity pool.
- Taj fisherman’s cove, Off ECR, Chennai – This Taj property is a delight with an exceptional experience. They welcome you with garlands made of seashells and melodious music by a person playing guitar. The rooms are set up as individual villas. There are a variety of restaurants and cuisines to choose from. For kids, there is a pool and activity centre to keep them engaged. Adults can rejuvenate in their highly rated jiva spa.
- Green meadows, Palavakkam, Chennai – This budget-friendly resort is on the outskirts of the city providing rustic rooms in a heritage hotel. The restaurant serving Kerala food and pool is a big attraction without burning a hole in your pocket. Once inside you will not even realize you are still in the city. The Neelankari beach is very close for an evening stroll and a view of the sun going down the horizon.
- MGM Beach Resort, ECR – This resort offers a private beach and pool. It has a few restaurants to choose from. You can retain your fitness regime on the jogging track and then relax with a spa. The resort also offers barbeque by the sea – a unique family dining experience. On weeknights, you can also enjoy a live band.
- Mamalla beach resort, Mahabalipuram – Located in a quaint little seashore town, this resort offers a private beach access. You can take a stroll down the beach and collect sea shells. You can photograph birds visiting the resort and have a relaxing time with your family. Their restaurant serves the fresh catch of the day, cooked as per your taste.
An experience like this offers great memories to be treasured for a lifetime. Let me know if you have discovered any more such resorts around Chennai so I can add them to this list.
Now over to you. Waiting to hear from you about your favourite resorts.
This post is written by our mommy voice of Chennai – Prerna Wahi.
Click here to know more about her.
Read here –
Resorts for family in Bangalore
Resorts for family in Pune