We recently bought an air fryer and just loved it. Although many of my friends gave good reviews about it but we were still confused about it. Finally, we welcomed the air fryer in our home after much deliberation. Somewhere Pandemic was one of the reasons to buy it as many of us became home chefs after trying so many different recipes due to lockdown. Today I am sharing, kurkuri bhindi recipe in airfryer.
We have tried making many different recipes and this kurkuri bhindi recipe is one of our favourite. It is easy to make like all my recipes and the best part is that this one is nutritious too.
Airfryer benefits –
Fried food normally is supposed to be crispy due to deep frying. In an air fryer, the hot air performs the same function and you get a crispy dish. The main benefit of air fryer is the use of less or no oil. So, in return, there is low fat and calorie intake. Also, you get the food with the same texture and taste.
We bought the Philips air fryer after checking a lot of reviews and we are happy with it. Although there are many good ones available in the market. You can check the ones which are a little spacious too as the only thing we miss on this one is the space. You can only cook little at a time in this one.
Kurkuri Bhindi in AirFryer –
Kurkuri bhindi is a crispy bhindi dish that is healthier than normal fried bhindi. It is very easy to make and does not take too much time to make.
- ½ kg bhindi
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp amchur (mango powder)
- 2 tablespoons besan
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt according to taste
- Lemon juice (half lemon)
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- First of all, wash and dry bhindi/okra completely before using.
- Now cut it lengthwise. Now take a mixing bowl and add all the spices, and besan and mix everything nicely.
- Next, add cut okra/bhindi in this bowl and coat the mixture on it nicely.
- Now add mustard oil and mix everything nicely. Leave it for some time.
- By that time, Preheat the air fryer at 180 degrees c.
- After 10-15 minutes, add the lemon juice and mix it again. Now little brush the air fryer basket with oil and place the okra/bhindi. Do not overcrowd it, you can cook in 2 batches.
- Cook it for 10 minutes first t 160 degrees. Make sure to shake it in between and again cook for 10 more minutes at 180 degrees.
- Normally it cooks in 15 minutes but if you want more crispier bhindi, you can keep it for 5 more minutes.
- Once done, serve with chappatis or you can enjoy it as it is like snacks.
You can also add any other masalas of your choice.
If you don’t like too much crispiness, you can reduce the time of cooking.
In the same way, you can try other vegetables in an air fryer like bitter gourd, potatoes etc.
See the recipe video here –
View this post on Instagram
⭐🍰 Sharing my first airfryer recipe. It's one of our favourite and if you don't have an airfryer, you can cook it in oven too. . This is a healthy alternative to normal bhindi fry/okra fry. . It's part of #MyFriendAlexa recipe series this month. . The details of the recipe are in my new blog post. Link in bio. Do check it out to know exact measurements of ingredients. . . @philipsindia #philipsairfryer . . . . . .#cookingvideo #recipevideo #momwhocooks #lockdowncooking #healthycooking #dieticianmom #airfryer #airfryerrecipes #airfryercooking #kurkuribhindi #videooftheday #bangaloremommyblogger #indianmombloggers #kreativemommy #greenenviroz #indiancooking