We are a foodie family and love trying different recipes from different cuisines. As someone who loves experimenting with different ingredients to make a recipe healthy, I have not only invented new recipes but changed old ones too. The best part is that you can make a dish equally yummy even after replacing a few ingredients here and there. Today I am sharing a recipe which is my kids favourite – a healthy vegetarian Indian Quesadilla recipe.
What is a Quesadilla?
Quesadillas are a Mexican dish that is made up of a tortilla (you can call it Mexican roti) stuffed with beans, cheese, vegetables, and mostly some kind of meat. It is cooked on a griddle and served with a Mexican sauce on the side.
Healthy Vegetarian Indian Quesadilla recipe –
As we love Mexican cuisine, we have tried making burritos and tacos also at home. You can see the burrito recipe here.
Coming back to quesadillas, we have tried non-vegetarian and vegetarian both at home but in this post, I am sharing a vegetarian recipe with an Indian twist.
- Tortillas (you can use the ones available outside or make it at home) – 2
- For homemade healthy tortilla, you can either use normal whole wheat chappati in a bigger size or mix white flour and wheat flour in 50:50 proportion and make chappatis in a bigger size than normal.
- Capsicum (chopped) – one small
- Onion (chopped)– one small
- Corns – 1 cup
- Tomato (chopped) – 1 medium
- Paneer cubes – 100 gm
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise – 1-2 tsp
- Cheese (grated) – according to your liking
- Ketchup – 1 tsp (optional)
- Pizza seasoning or any other seasonings of your choice (optional)
- Oil to cook vegetables.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and sauté all the chopped vegetables.
- Once done, add salt, pepper, and mix properly.
- Now keep the vegetables mixture aside to cool. Preheat the griller by that time.
- Add paneer cubes and mayonnaise (or any sauce of your choice)
- Once the mixture cools down, spread it on one side of the tortilla.
- Now close it by folding over the empty side of the tortilla onto the other side.
- Now grill it in the griller (I normally use my sandwich griller for it). You can cook over a skillet too.
- Take it out once done and transfer it to a cutting board. Let it cool for a few seconds before cutting. Cut it into 3 or 4 pieces as your kids like it. Serve it with sauce of your choice.
You can replace paneer with tofu (after cooking it beforehand).
To make it a little spicy, you can spread a layer of hot sauce, chipotle sauce, or any kind of sauce on the tortilla before adding the filling.
Hope you like the recipe. Do try and let me know how you and your kids liked it.
Hope you like the recipe. Do try and let me know if you and your kids liked it. Stay tuned for more such yummy and healthy recipes coming up in the next blog post soon. My theme for this month is – healthy and easy to make recipes.
You can see video of the post too –
View this post on Instagram
⭐✨ The first post for #myfriendalexa is live on my blog. Link is in bio. Do check it out. . I thought why not share a video too. 😊 So, sharing this recipe of healthy Indian style veg Quesadillas. . For exact measurements of ingredients, check out my blog post. . . . . . #healthyrecipe #cooking #cookingvideo #cookforkids #cookingathome #lockdowncooking #foodiesofbangalore #bangaloremommyblogger #videooftheday #indianmomblogger #kreativemommy #chekwatuhvdn
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s My Friend Alexa“