I am a big fan of movies which are light-hearted, have a simple storyline and above all which makes me laugh. I strongly believe, movies and cinema are a place where one goes to unwind and forget about everything else. So, it’s best to go for only those movies which bring a smile on your face while coming out of the theatre. Recently we watched Chhichhore movie which is not only a feel-good movie but also a movie which sends across a strong message to parents.
Chhichhore is a comedy movie which conveys a very relevant message through the story. It is a story of college friends who go their separate ways after college and reunite for a reason after many years. Sushant Singh Rajput and Shraddha Kapoor play the main roles as a couple. The story revolves around their teenage son who is trying to cope up with studies.
As a parent of a teenager myself who is exactly in the same situation, I could completely relate to the movie. 11th and 12th grade are not only the most crucial years but most stressful for both child and parents until the child goes to a good college.
This movie is an eye-opener for many parents. We sometimes get so busy pushing their kids to excel that forget to teach them that winning and losing is a part and parcel of life. There are many thought-provoking lessons which parents can learn from Chhichhore movie –
- You are not a loser if you fail, you are a loser if you don’t even try – this is something which parents must teach their kids. I repeat it a lot during exam time when I see my kids stressed out – Do your best and leave the rest. So, until and unless they are trying, results don’t matter.
- Teach kids to face failure – How many of us teach our kids or prepare them to face failure? We teach our kids to excel but we never teach our kids how to face failure. This is a reason many kids these days take extreme steps when they don’t win or don’t get admission to their choice of colleges or even when they get fewer marks. Parents should teach them that exams and exam scores are not everything in life.
- Change the way you talk to your kids – Let’s change the way we talk to our kids. Instead of saying – We will celebrate when you get good marks or we will give you the gift when you excel. It should be – We will celebrate once your exams are over as you worked hard. Whatever marks you get, I will get you the gift you want as you tried.
- It’s not about what you learn in the classroom, its about life lessons you learn outside the class.
- Zindagi mein kuch sabse zyada important hai to who hai zindagi – My favourite dialogue from the movie which teaches kids the value of life. We must teach our kids that a set back on your desired dream is not the end of the world. Life continues with varying and equally challenging opportunities at your doorsteps.
This is a movie which is not only about life lessons but also a lot of fun. It is a complete laugh riot and takes you back to your college and hostel days. It can surely make you want to relive those moments with your college buddies. Chhichhore movie is a thought-provoking, nostalgic and a complete entertainer. It is surely going to bring a smile on your face when you walk out of the cinema.
Also, read my review of Super 30 and lessons from it.