Christmas is just around the corner and decorations are a part of this grand festival. You really don’t need to spend tons of money on decorations, when you can make simple yet attractive and cute Christmas DIY crafts right at the comfort of your home. These will not only give you a time where you can bond with your kids but also the decorations made with your hand will hold a very special place for you and the kids.
Here are some of the cute Christmas DIY Crafts to do with your kids –
- Make your own stockings – To make your own stockings, begin by taking an old sweater that you do not use anymore. Trace a stocking pattern from the internet, then cut and sew it from inside out. Ensure the fold over is sewn the opposite way. You can decorate this with sparkles, or making an initial of your name or with ribbons. This is my daughter’s favourite craft out of all cute DIY Christmas crafts.
- Bake your own Christmas tree ornaments – Make you own handmade ornament at home-. Take 4 parts of white flour to 1-part salt and 1.5 cups of warm water. Knead this into the dough until it is smooth and firm. Roll out the dough and cut into desired Christmas ornaments to adorn your Christmas tree or home. Do not forget to use a straw to put a hole on the top to tie a thread. Bake these ornaments at 150 degrees until its dry and hard. This may take anywhere from 50 minutes to 1 hour. Once its cold, you can colour this as per your choice and hang it on your choice of place.
- Wrapping paper Christmas tree – This is an unquestionably easy-to-make Christmas tree. What you need –
- colourful wrapping papers
- discarded oil paint/glitter tubes
Method – Grab some colourful wrapping papers and cut them in diverse measurements. Now, roll each of these around waste oil paint/glitter tubes and paste the tops. You will get interesting and colourful tubes of different lengths and sizes. Next, stick these on a thermocol board using glue in a way that they are organized in ascending order, subsequently turning out in a tree with a broad base. The topmost part of this should look like a peak. For the base of the tree, use brown coloured sticks and stick them on the panel or just you can even choose to colour them brown. Your beautiful paper Christmas tree is ready.
- .Paper stars – This is perhaps the most appropriate method of beautifying your home or office this Christmas. You can use multi-coloured paper or chart and cut out stars from them. Place these cut stars on cardboard and then hang these on the wall. Similarly, you can use these stars for adorning the Christmas tree as well.
- Lightening entrance to your home – Christmas is not complete without beautiful lights adorning your house and entrance to your home. What better way to greet your guests and family members with a warm welcome? This is one of the inexpensive ways of decorating your home. You just need some fancy glasses and salt. Make your own votive and vow the people who come to your home this season. Fill the glass votive by using salt in the glass. Filling the glass jars with salt will help you create a winter/ snow-white scene. Place small candles inside the glass. Put these at strategic locations across your home or to the path leading to your home
Hope you liked these simple and cute Christmas DIY craft ideas. Do share in the comments below if you have any more fun ideas.
Also, read How to involve kids in our festivals.