Over the years, I have realized that happiness is not the amount of money we have or the luxuries in our life but the people with whom we make wonderful memories. If I look back now, I can think of several small and happy moments. But, for me there are two happiest moments – Birth of my daughters. What made it special? Obviously, getting to see the most beautiful faces in the world for the first time.
I still remember that moment when the doctor laid my first-born daughter in my arms after giving birth and my husband there by my side through labour and delivery.
He looked at me and said, “I am so happy!” Pure happiness on his face and pure love overflowing in his heart.
I strongly believe that happy moms have happy family. I may not have always been the best parent, but the best one I could be. I also have my grumpy days and my happy buzz also slips sometimes but I try to lighten it up soon. Most important thing which I try to follow is- Happiness.
Here are some tips for moms to be happy and stay happy –
- Alone time – It is very important to take out some time from daily chores for yourself. Sunlight, fresh air and natural surroundings can do wonders for you. If you don’t have anybody to look after your baby, take him with you and go for a walk with him in a stroller.
- Naptime- It is not only important for you but for your baby too to take rest. Try to take small naps whenever your baby sleeps. Eat, sleep and be happy is the mantra.
- Work out – Start an exercise regime and follow it whenever you can. For me, dancing is something which helps me come out of a bad mood easily. Exercise is like a therapy and a great way to spend some me time.
- Love yourself – As they say- ‘Grass is always greener on the other side.” Do not compare yourself with anybody as motherhood is not a competition. We all are different and are doing what is best for our kids. Just be content with what you have as contented moms are happy moms.
- Hobby time- This one is something which I often tell all moms. Start doing something which makes you happy. It can be anything small like reading, dancing, gardening, painting etc.
“True happiness comes from peace and not from prosperity or power.”
Also participating in #Blogbuddy 3.0 by #Blogchatter in the group #Blogtrotters