Its that time of the year again! Although not many things are the same this year, Navratri is a time which brings positivity, happiness and blessings of maa Durga. It’s a time to enjoy with friends and family and the biggest part of any celebration is food. Navratri fast recipes mainly revolve around some common ingredients like kuttu ka atta, sabudana, potatoes and makhana etc. I thought why not share something healthy to keep you full and energised this Navratri if you are fasting. So, I am sharing healthy and yummy smoothies for Navratri fast.
Tips for healthy fasting during Navratri –
- Include fresh fruits 2-3 times a day.
- Avoid sugar-laden snacks/recipes.
- Include nuts in your recipes or keep them handy for the hunger pangs.
- Avoid canned fruit juices and go for buttermilk, coconut water, green tea instead.
- Stay hydrated.
- Stay active and do not miss your daily walks or exercise regimen.
What is the difference between a smoothie and a shake?
Smoothies are mainly made with fruits, with added yogurt, seeds etc. Shakes are mainly milk-based and fruits, some kind of sauce or syrups and ice cream etc. They are pretty similar except the use of ingredients.
Healthy smoothies for Navratri fast –
- The golden smoothie – This one is one of my favourite smoothies. I prefer non-dairy smoothies and this one has only fruits. Just blend orange, juice with pineapple, and banana and blend until mixture is smooth and frothy. Pour the smoothie into 1 tall glass and add some ice pieces.
- Coffee smoothie – If you are a coffee lover, you will love this one. I make this for my daughter for breakfast on days when she is in a hurry or has no time to eat. In this blend, banana, coffee, oats and ice for a chilled smoothie. You can also add a spoon of peanut butter to make it protein-rich.
- Almond Milk smoothie- For this one blend almond milk, banana, yoghurt, (you can use flavoured yoghurt too), and cocoa powder. A perfect healthy and yummy blend.
- Chocolate walnut smoothie – This one is my younger one’s favourite as she is a chocolate lover and loves walnuts too. For this one blend banana, walnuts, cocoa powder, honey and little milk to get a yummy smoothie. You can add chia seeds to it too.
- Strawberry and guava smoothie – This is a yummy, fibre-rich smoothie for you and your kids. Blend strawberries, guava juice, milk and honey in a blender. You can add honey and sugar according to your choice.
All these are tried by me at home but you can change the ingredients according to your choice. Also, be careful if you are allergic to any ingredient. Hope you found the post helpful. If you have any ideas of shakes or smoothies you make at home, do share with me in the comments below.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s My Friend Alexa and my theme this year is – Healthy recipe. You can see my previous recipe of Mushrooms here and Quesadillas here. Also, the third recipe which was Kurkuri bhindi in Airfryer.
The fourth recipe was of Stir fry tofu.
Some tips for happy fasting this Navratri –