Mushrooms are one of my favourite and they are one of the easiest vegetables to cook. I make mushroom sandwiches, mix veg with mushroom, mushroom pulao, and other vegetables and many more such recipes. But one of my favourite is – Cheesy stuffed mushrooms recipe. Good news is that kids also love it and mushrooms are a powerhouse of nutrition.
Mushroom and nutrition –
Mushrooms are an edible fungus with a lot of nutrients in them. There are different types of mushrooms available in the market and you can choose the ones which suit your recipe. Also, you can choose them according to your family likings but make sure you pick up those which are fresh, firm, and dry.
They contain proteins, vitamins, minerals like selenium and choline, and antioxidants. It is a good protein source for vegetarians.Do you know mushroom is the only vegan, nonfortified dietary source of vitamin D? #Nutrition #DieticianMom Click To Tweet
Cheesy stuffed mushrooms recipe-
This is an easy to make, yummy and healthy recipe. I know I say this for almost all my recipes but I try and post such recipes that are not too complicated to make for you all. These are perfect bite-size snack options that you can even make for parties or small get-togethers. The best part is that even kids can make it.
- 200 gms Button mushrooms
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 4-5 cloves garlic finely chopped or grated
- 1 small onion chopped
- Pizza seasonings or herbs
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheddar cheese or any cheese according to your liking (not specifying quantity as it depends on how cheesy you want them)
- First of all, wash and clean mushrooms, dry them completely, and scoop out stems from all of them so that there is a cavity for the filling.
- Now chop onions and along with them, all mushroom stems into small pieces.
- Next heat a tsp of oil in a pan. Add garlic, once done, add chopped onions and mushrooms stems and sauté until cooked and light brown in colour.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked add salt, black pepper and seasonings, and herbs. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Let the mixture cool. Till then, preheat the oven to 180degrees C.
- Once the mixture is ready, fill it in the mushrooms and sprinkle grated cheese on the top of all the mushrooms.
- Now grill them in a baking dish in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- I normally grill them in the oven but you can cook them in a pan too. You can use a grill pan, and cook them covered until done.
- Serve them hot with a sauce of your choice. You can serve them on the side with a main meal like bread and salads too.
You can even include vegetables like chopped capsicum in the stuffing mixture along with onion.[
You can see the recipe video here –
View this post on Instagram
Stuffed Cheesy Mushroom recipe – Easy to make, healthy and yummy. . Do you know mushrooms are a good source of antioxidants and vitamins, and they are low in calories? They are full of nutrients. . . Tips- Fresh mushrooms are better for this recipe. You can add chopped red, yellow and green bell peppers to the stuffing too. I used cheddar cheese. Use can use any cheese of your liking. . Also, remember to oil the baking dish first. . Ingredients Mushrooms: Fine chopped garlic Fine chopped onion Cheese ( cheddar or mozeralla) Salt, Black pepper, Italian seasoning . METHOD This is a very quick and easy mushroom recipe. Just saute some veggies ( any of your choice), stuff them in mushrooms, top them with cheese and bake it till they become golden brown. Enjoy! . . . . . #recipeoftheday #recipevideo #cookingvideo #momwhocooks #video #cookingchallenge #healthycooking #healthyfood #stuffedmushrooms #mushrooms #dieticianmom #lockdowncooking #lockdownindia #gharparrahona #kreativemommy #naturecaremust #gharbaithknacho #contentphase2 #dirctlyblkksteelrs