My kids love nachos and corn and that’s why I thought of mixing the two to make a healthy dish for them. That’s how we got this nachos corn chaat recipe with my signature healthy twist. I am sure you all know by now that I like giving a healthy twist to different recipes. But as I believe in the mantra, healthy not boring, I try to retain the taste and flavours.
Nutrition information of corn –
Corn or sweet corn is high in fiber and that’s why it’s good for your digestive system but it’s also high in sugars so one must be careful before having it. Especially if you are diabetic or trying to control blood sugar levels or trying to lose weight.
It is rich in Vitamins C, B, and potassium, and magnesium.
What are nachos made up of and are they healthy?
Nachos is a dish from Mexico which is made after frying the corn tortillas after cutting them into pieces. So, basically, these are corn chips or tortilla chips. They are made of corn, oil, water, and salt.
They have qualities of maize flour which is basically used for the preparation of the tortilla. Normally people eat them with salsa or guacamole or some kind of dip. You can commonly find nachos as a part of any Mexican dish.
Nachos corn chaat recipe –
It is easy to make and quick recipe which you can make in a jiffy for any get-together or last-minute party menu. My kids love it and I normally make it whenever I make burritos or quesadillas at home.
- Nachos – 200 gm (or 1 small packet which is available in the market)
- Corns - 1 Cup
- 2 Tsp Salsa/pizza sauce
- 2 Tsp Mayonnaise
- Chopped Onion- 1 small chopped
- Tomato 1 small chopped
- Capsicum chopped ½ cup
- pizza seasoning ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- If you are using fresh corns, boil them beforehand. If using frozen corn, no need to boil, just put them in warm water for 5 minutes.
- First lightly sauté all the veggies and let them cool. You can skip sauteing and use the veggies as it is. Sauteing is optional.
- First, take a bowl, add boiled corn, chopped onion, tomato, and capsicum.
- Now add Mayonnaise, pizza seasonings, salt and salsa or pizza sauce.
- Now take a few nacho chips and crush them and add to the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Yummy Nacho Corn Chaat is ready to serve.
- Serve it with nachos as shown in the picture. The chaat can be enjoyed as it is or with nachos.
Also, you can use cheese instead of mayonnaise.
There are different flavours of nachos available in the market. The recipe tastes better with flavoured nachos.
Do try the recipe and let me know how you like it.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s My Friend Alexa and my theme this year is – Healthy recipe. You can see my previous recipe of Mushrooms here. Also, the third recipe which was Kurkuri bhindi in Airfryer.
The fourth recipe was of Stir fry tofu.
Also, the fifth recipe is of Navratri smoothies
Watch the video recipe to know more-