A mom always tries to make sure to provide the best nutrition to her kids. It’s a task to make kids eat healthy stuff. Homemade and fresh food are the best but its hard to convince kids to eat everything served to them. I try to find healthy alternatives to everything my kids love to eat. Its easier said than done but it’s not impossible.
The trick is to find a healthy alternative to a product used in any recipe and replace it without changing the original taste.
You can also see, toddler food ideas to know more.
My younger one loves pancakes and waffles in breakfast. Although the main recipe includes white flour or maida, I replace it with whole wheat flour or atta as all other ingredients are healthy in its recipe. These are our perfect Sunday breakfast pancakes which we make with different additions every time.
You can also increase the nutrition quotient by including fresh cut fruits in the recipe. I normally give it to her along with the pancake but you can also include it in the recipe. This recipe is healthy and yummy. Not only kids but adults can enjoy it too. You can enjoy them with honey, maple syrup or chocolate syrup.Teach your kids to make healthy food choices right from the starting. Just a few changes here and there with healthy ingredients and a perfectly healthy and yummy dish get ready. #Nutrition #Food Click To Tweet
Healthy Atta pancakes recipe/ Whole wheat pancakes recipe
- Atta or whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ Tsp
- Baking powder – 1 Tsp
- Egg – 1 large or 2 small
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter – ½ cup
- Chocolate chips or fruit puree – optional
- Vanilla essence – Optional
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Butter or oil for cooking
- First mix all the dry ingredients together. Sieve Wheat flour, Sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Sift them together so that there are no lumps.
- Now melt butter and add it to milk. Keep it aside.
- Now make a little space in the centre of dry ingredients and add eggs and whisk it nicely.
- Add milk and butter mixture to this slowly while mixing.
- Whisk it nicely to mix it properly.
- Now take a little batter and spread it over a warm pan to make pancakes.
- Cook them nicely on both the sides using little bit butter.
- Serve them hot with maple syrup or honey with fresh cut fruits.
- Hope you and your kids like this healthy atta pancakes recipe.
You can use the same batter for making waffles too if you have a waffle maker at home. I suggest adding a little bit white flour instead of wheat flour for waffles.
Add a pinch of salt if you are using unsalted butter.
You can add chocolate chips in the end or any other ingredients of your choice.
In Nutrition niche, I not only share recipes with a healthy twist but also some tips as a dietitian mom. See previous week’s recipes-
Mango Mania for kids
Oats dosa with coconut chutney
November 15, 2018 at 3:51 pm
I love Pancakes, but refrain from indulging in them as they are made of Maida. Your recipe will ensure that my pancakes will be healthy now! Thanks for sharing Deepa, looking forward to making them soon.