Pizza is an all-time favourite food item for everyone especially kids. Kids love it so much that they can have it any time of the day. My girls especially the younger one is crazy about it too and whenever we plan to eat out, her first option is always Pizza.
I thought to myself, something which kids love so much and can have any time, Why not try to make it healthy?
Healthy is not about only using healthy ingredients but also about something which is homemade.
Dietician moms tips and benefits to go for a homemade food-
1. Healthy ingredients. Always try using healthier substitutes of the ingredients used in a dish.
2. Saves money.
3. Portion size can be controlled at home.
4. Think of the dishes which you and your kids love to eat outside. Make a list of ingredients in that and think of healthier alternatives to add. Everything can be made at home. Just a little extra work.
Today, I am posting homemade pizza recipe from scratch. We are even going to make pizza base and pizza sauce at home. So, are you ready?
Pizza dough recipe-
- 4 cups plain flour
- (1 1/2 cups) warm water
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
First of all, mix the water, yeast, and sugar in a bowl. Keep it aside for 5-6 minutes. Now mix the flour and salt in a large bowl and add the yeast mixture and oil. Mix it properly and use your hands to make a proper dough out of it.
Take a bowl with little oil and keep kneading it for some time till it’s nice, soft and elastic. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep it aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it is double in size.
Pizza sauce recipe
- 1 can tomato paste or 8-10 fresh tomatoes pureed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
In a bowl, stir tomato sauce and tomato paste until combined and smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Cook it for some time and store in a container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 1 onion sliced
- I tomato sliced or chopped
- 1 capsicum
- 1 small broccoli
- 100 gms mushroom
- Half cup corns
- 200gm cooked chicken (optional)
- Homemade pizza sauce
- Homemade pizza base
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- First of all, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Roll out the dough flat with the help of some dry flour.
- Spread homemade pizza sauce on the base.
- Now add some vegetables to the base.
- Last but not least, sprinkle the grated cheese and keep it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Watch it on my Youtube channel too –
In Nutrition niche, I not only share recipes with a healthy twist but also some tips as a dietitian mom. See previous week’s recipes-