Sometimes you have to be creative in the kitchen to whip up some innovative recipes for your kids. If you have fussy eaters at home, I am sure you know what I am talking about. Cheesy pizza parantha pocket is one such recipe which is a mix of two cuisines into one. As most of the kids love pizza, it is a great way to convert paranthas into pizza while retaining all the goodness of vegetables and whole wheat.
Some ways to make any recipe healthy for kids-
- Use whole wheat flour instead of white flour. Also, instead of multigrain, use one flour at one time for better digestion.
- Replace refined oils with healthy oils like coconut oil, mustard oil, olive oil according to a recipe you are making.
- Avoid too many sugars in any recipe. You can use jaggery or honey or any fruit puree like apple sauce in cakes. Although the calories in sugar, jaggery, and honey are the same but if you see from a health point of view, jaggery is better for kids.
- Make sure to add fresh fruits and vegetables if possible, in any recipe.
Cheesy pizza parantha pocket recipe –
This is a simple and easy to make recipe and kids are surely going to love it. I got an idea to make it as my daughter loves pizza and she wanted something with cheese. I thought why not try something different.
- Wheat flour dough (normal atta) – 200 gm for 4 pockets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Capsicum 1 small finely chopped
- Corns ½ cup boiled
- Pizza seasonings – 1 tbsp
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- Oil for cooking parantha
- Salt according to taste
- mozzarella cheese, grated ½ cup
- pepper powder – according to taste
- Saute all the chopped vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper, and seasonings once veggies are sauteed.
- Now add pizza sauce to the vegetable mixture and mix it well.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- By that time keep the atta dough ready.
- Once the filling is ready, roll out a chapati from the dough and place 2 tsp filling in the center.
- Now take a cheese slice or grated cheese on the top and close it from all 4 sides to make it look like a pocket or a roll.
- Now cook it on the pan applying oil on both sides until done.
- Yummy and cheesy pizza parantha pocket is ready to be served. Enjoy!
Use any vegetables of your choice or your kid’s choice.
To make it much healthier, you can add roasted sesame seeds to the vegetable mixture.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s My Friend Alexa and my theme this year is – Healthy recipe. You can see my previous recipe of Mushrooms here. Also, the third recipe which was Kurkuri bhindi in Airfryer.
The fourth recipe was of Stir fry tofu.
The seventh recipe is Halloween Indian recipe ideas.
See the recipe video here –