People who know me are well aware of all the facts but this one is for those who don’t know me.
- My meals are incomplete without curd. I need curd with every meal, especially with rice.
- I love dancing so much that I can dance anytime anywhere if the music is good.
- I was a very quiet and introvert child and now if you see me talking it’s only If I am very comfortable with you. It means I like you and enjoy your company.
- I am a very deep sleeper and if you wake me up in between, I wake up startled and scared. I am sure you will regret waking me up. 😉
- I love trying out new things and like to explore as much as I can.
- My favourite food is Rajma chawal and can eat them anytime and anywhere.
- I get emotional while watching movies and cry at even a small emotional scene. My family knows this and they avoid taking me to movies which they know are emotional dramas.
- I like planning things beforehand as I get a panic attack if something is not done on time.
- I got married when I was in the second year of my Masters and still topped in University.
- People think I am a Gujarati because of my surname. I am a Punjabi (Malhotra) married to another Punjabi (Gandhi). So, yes, Gandhi’s are Punjabi’s too.
- I am really bad at maths and still count on fingers.
- I love to travel but hate to pack and especially unpack. It takes me days to unpack as I try to avoid it as much as I can.
- I can’t work or read with the television on in the background.
- I love the fact that I’m in my 30s and am enjoying getting older.
- I have too many interests. I want to take dance classes, craft classes, baking classes, you name it.
- I love reading before sleeping even if I am really tired.
- I am a true Leo as I don’t like anything forced. I need to get those positive vibes from you.
- My biggest fear is losing my loved ones.
- I am addicted to chocolates and love anything with chocolates.
- I am constantly thinking and need to distract myself to stop myself from overthinking.
- I am terrified of insects especially cockroaches.
These are few facts about me. I’d like to get to know you better too! Tell me a random fact about yourself in the comments below!
Written for Friday reflections prompt- 21 random facts about me
October 23, 2016 at 8:37 am
I love Rajma chawal too! No. 5,8,15,16,19,20 are ditto! Quite something I say.
I am actually smiling at point 3. You know why. 😉
October 23, 2016 at 9:20 am
Haha..I know why..and I was actually talking a lot yesterday. Thanks for stopping by Ramya 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 9:35 am
Myself is Jitendra Mathur, a 47 years old male from Rajasthan. The points no. 3, 6, 7, 8, 13, 16 18 and 20 of your list are applicable to myself too. In addition to the habit in point no. 20, I am willing to get rid of the fear spelled out in point no. 18 also because I have seen in my life that such fears come true. I have actually lost many of my dear ones after fearing in my mind to lose them. Besides, though I also like to plan the things beforehand but my personal experiences have conveyed to me that the more precisely you plan, the harder the destiny hits you. The biggest pleasures of my life have come to me through the things carried out without any planning. I am a vegetarian and consider killing the innocent animals for their meat, skin etc. one of the biggest sins committed by the human-beings. I am not very religious. I believe in the religion of humanity only and put my faith in the assertion of Mahatma Gandhi – Truth is God. Reading books, writing myself, listening to music (sometimes singing also) and watching movies are my hobbies.
October 23, 2016 at 10:22 am
Thanks for sharing so much information Mathur ji..Good to know about you and learnt some good things from you too. I will try not to think negative 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 10:08 am
Lovely knowing more about you Deepa .Will never wake you up suddenly from sleep.
October 23, 2016 at 10:15 am
Haha..Thanks for reading Amrita 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 11:36 am
Wonderful Deepa. You topped the uni! You are awesome. Yes I am terrified of cockroaches and lizards too. Only the other day I was standing on the sofa screaming for help because a cockroach flew in! They are terrorists in home!
October 23, 2016 at 6:43 pm
Haha..good to know that Tina..Thanks for stopping by 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 4:14 pm
it’s lovely to know u more 🙂 check out my random facts https://forfoodiefamily.wordpress.com/2016/10/23/21-random-facts-about-me/
October 23, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Thanks ruchi..will surely check 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 4:32 pm
Nice to virtually meet here, Deepa! Your list was fun to read and helped to know you better! I used to be a very quiet person as a child but now, I’m very open to meet all kinds of people. Glad to have made many new aquaintances through the blogosphere. Do drop by my blog – http://blogsbyesha.wordpress.com, sometime 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Sure Esha..Glad to connect with you too..Thanks for stopping by 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 7:48 pm
wonderful Deepa! now it s like I know you a lot more than what I had 2 months ago..
Menaka Bharathi has recently published http://simpleindianmom.in/coir-pith-for-terrace-garden-nutritive-growth-substrate-organic-veggies/
October 23, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Thanks a lot dear..good to connect with you too 🙂
October 23, 2016 at 10:17 pm
It’s such an awesome list and wow topping MA with marriage responsibility.
October 23, 2016 at 10:47 pm
Haha..not MA..M.sc..Thanks a lot for stopping by 🙂
October 24, 2016 at 3:54 pm
I can completely relate to point no. 7 as my wife is also the same. Didn’t knew that Gandhi’s are punjabis. I also fear cockroaches and lizards.
October 24, 2016 at 4:18 pm
Thanks for stopping by Rohan 🙂
October 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm
I thought you were married to a Gujju too! Thanks for clearing that doubt!:)
It is super awesome that you topped after marriage.
The more I get to know you, the more i want to meet you, Deepa. Hope to do so, very soon!:)
October 24, 2016 at 7:35 pm
Haha..everybody thinks that..and same here..would love to meet you too 🙂
October 25, 2016 at 11:11 pm
Wow! Nice to know so much about you! You topped the uni? That is awesome. And I’m glad that we met 🙂
October 25, 2016 at 11:15 pm
Thanks reema..glad to meet you too 🙂
October 31, 2016 at 10:13 pm
We have quite a few things in common. I love curd with every meal too, I cry buckets while watching emo movies too. I plan everything and that works well for my mental peace and calm. Same pinch on poor maths and losing loved ones is my biggest fear as well. I used to hate cockroaches but now the no. 1 on my hate list are lizards. It was nice to know you through this post 🙂
October 31, 2016 at 10:38 pm
Really? Good to know this Shilpa. Thanks a lot for stopping by and commenting 🙂
April 2, 2020 at 4:27 pm
I love dancing too
I sleep like a log
I have many interests too
And I’m addicted to my phone (TikTok these days)