Paneer is one such ingredient that goes well with any other ingredient while cooking. As I always say, paneer is the favourite ingredient of my family and it is something which is always stocked in my refrigerator. I try making it fresh at home and you can check the fresh paneer recipe which I posted sometime back. In this post, I am sharing a paneer balls recipe for kids’ snacks or lunch boxes.
It is an easy, yummy and healthy recipe and kids love it. I try to post simple recipes that are easy to make but I do not compromise on the healthy part. So, you will always find my recipes with a touch of health quotient. As I always say, healthy but not boring. This is my cooking mantra and I strongly believe that healthy can be yummy too.
You can see, my popular paneer rolls recipe here.
So, let’s get to the recipe –
For this recipe, we need a lot of bread crumbs which either you can buy from outside or make at home. I usually make it fresh at home. Sharing the simple bread crumbs recipe with it.
Paneer Balls recipe for kids lunch box
- Bread slices – 4
- Paneer – 1 cup (fresh and crumbled)
- Egg – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper pwd – ¼ tsp
- Oregano – optional
- Maida or refined flour – optional instead of egg
- Chopped coriander and green chilly – few according to liking
- First of all, break the bread slices and grind to make fine bread crumbs and transfer them to a bowl.
- Keep half the bread crumbs in a separate bowl to be used later for coating the paneer balls.
- Now, take fresh crumbled paneer in the same bowl as bread crumbs and mix well.
- Add salt, black pepper, oregano (optional), green chillies, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now divide the whole mixture into small portions and roll out the balls.
- By that time, keep oil for frying.
- Now there are two steps before frying, I usually dip the balls in beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs before frying. If you want to avoid egg, you can make a paste of maida or cornflour with water and use it instead of an egg.
- Fry the paneer balls till they turn golden brown from all sides.
- Enjoy with chutneys of your choice.
You can also add ginger paste, red chilly flakes in the mixture if your kids are ok with it.
Another version of the recipe is to make potato paneer balls. Just mix boiled potatoes to the recipe.
Leave a Reply. I like it when you write to me.