Last few years have shown me that life is unpredictable and uncertain. Life completely changed for me and my husband after we came back from US. I lost my parents in last few years and my mother in law too. The void created by them can never be fulfilled and it has really made me wonder about uncertainties about life.
It was a hard hitting reality which made me a different person today. Here are few things which i want to tell my younger self-
- Parents are irreplaceable. Spend more time with your parents as they will not be with you forever.
- Be more outgoing and confident. It is important to be go out and try things to be something in life.
- Don’t think it’s going to be easy. Life is not as easy as you think and imagine it to be. Be ready to face hardships of life too.
- Marriage can wait but it is important to stand on your feet first.
- Don’t just follow others blindly and without thinking.
- Be strong in your decisions. Over thinking can lead to indecisiveness which won’t help in long run.
- Keep a goal in front of you. Try to achieve that goal by working hard.
- Dream big. Believe in yourself and your capabilities.
- Love yourself and don’t be a slave to your self-image. There is nobody in this world who should make you feel bad about yourself or your body.
- Make lot of good friends and invest in good friendship. You have to be a friend to be a friend.
Things that are different in me today-
- I am much more confident than I was few years back.
- I am a risk taker now. I never used to take risks or try anything new.
- I am more adventurous now. I like going out and trying new things.
- I am slowly learning not to overthink. It is a habit which is not easy to leave but I am trying.
- I live each day with gratitude and appreciation. It is important to be thankful for what we have.
Do you think you changed from your younger self? What made you a changed person today?
Linking it to Friday reflections with the prompt- What has really made a big change in your life?