Are you a wanderlust? Do you like to explore different and new places? Do you save money to travel and not splurge on clothes and eating out? Are you adventurous and love travelling?
If yes, there are chances you love either biking, sailing, hiking or trekking. Trekking is also known as backpacking. It is for those who are adventurous and nature lovers.
Here is a list of 7 best places to trek in South India-
- Coorg– It is a beautiful place in Karnataka situated in Karnataka. The highest peak in Coorg is Tadiyandamol and it is third highest In Karnataka. There are few other places near coorg like Nagarhole national park, Iruppu falls, and Abbey falls for trekking. It is best not to go in Monsoon months.
- Munnar– It is another beautiful place with lot of greenery and beautiful tea gardens situated in Kerala. Anamundi i sthe highest peak of munnar and good for trekking. It is a hill station which is considered as the most beautiful hill station in South India.
- Wayanad- Chembra peak is the highest peak in Wayanad, Kerala. It is another beautiful place in Kerala with natural beauty all around. It is a perfect place for nature lovers and also for the people who love trekking. One needs to take prior permission before trekking here and night camping is not allowed as there is danger of wild animals.
- Chikamagalur– Kudremukh peak is not very high trek but you can spot some animals on the way and get to see beauty of Western ghats. It passes through Chikamagalur district in Karnataka which is famous for its natural beauty too. This peak is ideally trekked in post monsoon too for good views and pictures.
- Gokarna– It is a coastal town located in western Karnataka and is three hours before Goa. It has a trek alongside coastline and one can get to see beautiful view of Arabian Sea and the coast on the way.
- Ooty– It is a small town in Tamil Nadu located in Western ghats. There are many small treks here like Scottish trek where you can go with your family easily, Mukurthitrek, Ebbanad trek, and parson’s trek. All these are beautiful treks where one can enjoy walking through the trees and scenic beauty.
- Ananthagiri hills– These hills are located in Vikarabad in Telangana forests. As the trek goes through the forest, one can get to see lot of greenery on the way. It is easily approachable from Hyderabad.
The most popular place for trekking among trekkers is Nepal and Mount Everest. Nepal has many beautiful adventure trails for trekking. But we need proper planning for a good trekking adventure at such places. Mojhi.com helps in planning and execution of the most popular trek of Nepal- Everest base camp trek.