Motherhood is the best feeling in the world. Being a mom is not an easy job but kudos to all the moms out there who do it effortlessly and with a smile. I love being a mom but it also has its ups and downs especially the guilt factor. Don’t you sometimes look back and think, “I could have done this better” or “I could have done it the other way?” So there are things I wish I knew about motherhood before.
I must tell you that I do feel this way but the good news is that in spite of the guilt factor, every mom is doing a great job. The ‘ifs and buts’ do not make you any less of a mom.
I am sharing few things which I wish I knew about motherhood before-
- Do not expect similarity in kids – No two kids are the same and this one is directly from my personal experience. Both my girls are very different from each other. One is an extrovert but a calm child but the younger one is the super active and restless child. As my elder one was a calm child, I kind of expected the same with my second one but slowly we realised that she is completely different.
- It’s ok to make mistakes as a mom- As I wrote before, we moms feel guilty for something or the other especially when kids are small. Always remember, no one is perfect and you are doing a great job as a mom as you know the best for your child. I wish someone would have told me this before. There is no such thing as a perfect mother
- It will change you forever– As a mother, you need to have a lot of patience and all the qualities of a superhero as you have to get into different roles at different times. As soon as you become a mom, you are a changed person. I never knew my superhero qualities until I became a mom. Who knew a small bundle of joy can change me completely?
- Cherish every moment – The kids grow really fast and before you realise it, they will be ready to fly leaving an empty nest behind. Cherish all the moments with them till they are small. Play, laugh, go on a vacation, enjoy with them as these are all precious moments. As a mom of a teen and a tween, I wish they were small again. So, what are you waiting for? Go keep your phone down and enjoy yourself with them.
- Expect the unexpected- Nothing goes as planned when you have kids. I have learnt slowly to just leave some things unplanned. Too much planning never works with kids. I wish I knew to be prepared for the unexpected and not panic as a mom. So, motherhood is all about expecting things that you cannot even think about.
There are a lot of things that I wish I knew about motherhood before but as I said before, “Parenting is like on the job learning and no one can teach you to be a parent.”
What’s the fun in knowing everything beforehand Right? So, let’s think less and enjoy more with our little bundles of joy.
Do you have any things which you feel you would have known before about motherhood?
We have good news – ‘SUPERMOM’ is back. We will be choosing 2 super moms each month who will be getting supermom crown and Rs 500 each month.