Motherhood changes us, makes us strong, makes us protective, and surely little insane. It does change you and what you think. Many of us lose ourselves in the process of being moms without realising it. It is important not to lose your own identity after being a mother. Here are few things to follow and bring the zing back in your life-
- Take care of your health- Do not take your health for granted and go for a full health check-up once a year. We juggle so many things and forget to take care of our health. Follow a proper diet and do not skip any meal. Do not ignore any signs related to your body.
- Exercise- Take out some time for exercise daily if possible. Sticking to a fixed routine can be difficult for everyone. If you cannot follow a fixed routine, go for walks for half an hour every day.
- Alone time– Alone time is very important. Think of a time in a day when you can take out some alone time for yourself. Do anything which you enjoy or love to do in this “my alone time”. For example- Read a book, take a nap, chat with friends, or just meditate.
- Take up a hobby- Ask yourself- “What can I do to make me happier?” So, your next step should be to follow that one thing which makes you happy.
- Go out with friends– Socialising with friends is really important as it keeps you young, helps you to take a break from your mommy schedule. Create tea/coffee dates and who knows, maybe your friend also needs a break. And it’s the best way to add zing.
- Salon and spa- Take some time out for your beauty routines too. If you can’t go out, call for the home service. There is nothing wrong in feeling beautiful once in a while. It can be a great confidence booster.
- Keep romance alive– Go out with your husband for lunch, dinner, or even a coffee date. It’s good to come back to wife mode/girlfriend mode from mommy mode sometimes.
- Reward and award- Last but not least, don’t doubt your mommy skills and feel low. Look at your child’s smile and feel like world’s best mom.
I am writing about Parenting for A to Z challenge and sharing my thoughts as a mother of a teen and a tween. Sharing my personal experiences as a mom and hope to help other moms and also learn from them through this challenge. Read all posts here.
A for Affection
B for Believe
C for Confidence
D for Dance
E for Extracurricular
F for Food
G for Guilty
H for Hacks
I for Independent
J for Joint or Nuclear
K for Kindness
L for Looks
M for Money
N for Nutrition
O for Overprotective
P for Poles apart
Q for Questions
R for Reading
S for Summer Vacations
T for Temper Tantrums
U for Unwanted pressure
V for Visit
W for Weight
X for X factor
April 30, 2017 at 10:33 am
Very valid points, Deepa. Being a mother is a 24*7 job, which lasts a lifetime. It would do well for Mom’s to follow these tips when they can. A happy woman makes for a happy mom:)
April 30, 2017 at 10:39 am
Thanks Mayuri 🙂
April 30, 2017 at 1:12 pm
I used to tell my mom the same, indulge in hobbies and not just think about kids anymore. I am glad she does a lot of reading and gardening these days. I hope many moms will be inspired you.
April 30, 2017 at 1:19 pm
That’s so true Deepa. Being a mom is life changer and taking out time for yourself is a life saviour!!
April 30, 2017 at 1:56 pm
many parents still don’t get the importance of these points. Change is inevitable but we cannot lose ourselves in our new lives.
Principal Mo Zhengao was a Truly Selfless Hero
April 30, 2017 at 10:03 pm
These are some practical tips, but unfortunately many Moms lack the adequate support system which will help them make time for these.
April 30, 2017 at 10:24 pm
Agree..Thanks Fabida. 🙂
April 30, 2017 at 10:30 pm
My daughter became a mother yesterday. She is one of the most balanced persons I know. She must live by your tips!
Congratulations on living a great life!
April 30, 2017 at 10:49 pm
Thanks Cheryl and congrats to u and your daughter 🙂
April 30, 2017 at 11:19 pm
Amazingly true ,the thing about not losiung oneself.I think I rediscovered myself with Rai being born.Somewhere i had lost what I relly wanted from life.It kind of clicked after that.Congartulations on doing #AtoZchallenge ,I know how hard you worked.Give yourself a break and enjoy .You made me feel blessed that we are friends.Inspiring indeed!
April 30, 2017 at 11:27 pm
Thanks Geethica 🙂
May 1, 2017 at 8:29 am
Parenting is so very challenging. And as mothers we seriously need to follow these tips. Agree with all of them and ‘Me Time’ is the most important one for me.
Thanks for your company this April, Deepa. Loved connecting with you! 🙂
May 1, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Same here Shilpa. It was great connecting with you too. Thanks for stopping by 🙂
May 1, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Great post to end the series Deepa and I agree a scent percent to the advice you have made. It was a pleasure being with you this AtoZ. Keep Shining ?
May 1, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Hey Thanks Roma. Same here. It was a pleasure to read your posst too. thanks for dropping by 🙂
May 2, 2017 at 6:54 pm
i agree completely you need to find your me times for being sane lovely zingy tips Deepa
May 2, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Thanks Tina 🙂
May 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
these are definitely great tips! I see so many of my friends always rushing and multi tasking and being super moms – they need to take care of themselves too!
Congrats on a great AtoZ!
May 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Thanks Ishita and congrats to you too. 🙂
July 14, 2017 at 1:19 am
This is great advice for everyone, especially mothers! Everyone needs time to themselves.
July 14, 2017 at 4:52 pm
I’m not a monther but I can imagine how crazy busy life gets, it’s important to remember that you’re important too and to treat yourself well.
July 14, 2017 at 9:44 pm
July 14, 2017 at 9:07 pm
Having dates with your spouse, even after marriage, is such a significant way to maintain the relationship. I also like the fact that you put in both having alone time, and having time with friends. Both are essential.
July 14, 2017 at 9:45 pm
July 16, 2017 at 9:23 am
As a married woman, this resonates with me. I love date night!
July 16, 2017 at 9:33 am
July 21, 2017 at 9:59 pm
Those are all very good ideas. Especially the alone time, salon, keeping romance alive 🙂
July 21, 2017 at 10:01 pm