A good education is a foundation for a better future. – Elizabeth Warren.
A good school is important for the right kind of education. Wondering how to choose a good school? Well, it depends on what you are looking for and what kind of education you prefer. Choice of school should also be according to a child’s interest and needs.
I got a chance to visit and attend a bloggers meet at a prestigious school in Bangalore a few days back. It was a very enlightening experience as we got to know a lot of things about the school which we didn’t know earlier. We went to the Whitefield branch of the school and met the Principal and academic coordinators.
There was a discussion about various things like the curriculum, school policies, staff selection, Nine Gems Model and school infrastructure etc.
About the school –
The Global Indian International School or GIIS is a global school with a presence in 7 countries like India, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and UAE. There are 23 schools all over the world. Currently, there are 8 schools in India and the one in Bangalore is Asia’s leading international school that provides CBSE curriculum. It is from pre-primary until 9th grade right now but they are planning to extend to 12th grade soon.
The school is ISO 9001: 2015 recognised and also won many awards in the field of education, including the recent one on being awarded by Education Today as India’s Best CBSE School Award.
The pre-primary programme – It is a unique programme – Global Montessori plus. It combines preschool learning concepts and Montessori education.
- It is an age appropriate programme which combines play and learning.
- The ‘Excelerate programme’ prepares children to express themselves.
- 5 pillars of learning plus acts as a foundation for child-centric education – Language skills, number skills, sensorial skills, cultural skills (basis for SST and EVS in higher grades) and practical life skills.
- The sensorial learning plus – uses sound and motion to understand their environment better. The school has received an award from the World Education Summit for the 7 senses programme.
- The music and movement plus introduces music and dance to develop self-esteem and different skills in a child.
- The free play plus where kids are exposed to play in a free environment and learn new concepts.
- The structured physical education plus which focuses on health and fitness.
- Every month there is a special assembly in which parents can also see kids perform on different topics.
- i-Care is a very special programme that is designed by school to teach about environmental issues of the world.
Primary and secondary classes – There is an integrated curriculum for grade 1 and 2. Besides academics they also have sports and cultural activities are also given importance. They have CBSE curriculum from grade 1 to 9th onwards and they are planning to include IB board option for higher grades.
9 Gems learning framework – It is a concept by the school which helps to bring out an individual personality in each kid according to their capability.
- Academic excellence
- Sports excellence
- Visual and performing arts
- Personality development
- Entrepreneurship and leadership
- Innovation & Creativity
- Universal values and ethics
- Community and care
- Skill development
Unique initiatives –
Mahatma Gandhi centre for universal values – Inculcating good values in kids through this centre.
Chandu Borde global cricket academy- Making sports an integral part of curriculum
Global student exchange – Tied up with global leaders in IT, and E-learning to expose students to the best practices around the world.
Happy learners are happy achievers – This school believes in this mantra. Visit the Bangalore Whitefield branch to know more and see for yourself.
** Disclaimer: This post is in collaboration with the school. All views expressed are my personal opinions.