July to December is like one big party in our family as most of the birthdays fall during these months. These 6 months of the year are also full of celebrations and festivals. Most of our big festivals also fall during these months. When we talk about a festival, how can we forget food?
Festivals and celebrations are synonyms with food. Party food is full of calories and mostly rich and heavy for our digestive system.
Detoxification is very important and it’s not only about food. Its also about the removal of all kinds of toxins from our life which can be inside or outside of our body.
What are toxins?
Toxins are the impurities in our body.
What is a detox?
A change in your regular eating pattern affects your body systems and can lead to health problems. A detox is a way to remove all the impurities by different methods like going on a fast or a taking a diet which helps us to cleanse our system.
Detoxifying your body after binge eating can help to bring it back to normal. After festivals, you feel sluggish, and the side effects of binge eating are bloating and acidity. Your normal healthy routine goes for a toss during festivals. So, to recharge and rejuvenate, you need to detoxify. When you detoxify, you can also lose weight. Isn’t it great?
How can we detox our body after festivals?
Diwali and celebrations is a time when we take a break from our healthy routine. After Diwali, one can get back to the routine by detoxifying your body. As many of us also travel during festivals, here are the tips to detoxify after the festival or a vacation. Here atre the tips to detox after Diwali.
- Eat a lot of fruits vegetables in the form of salads. You need a good dose of fiber.
- Drink a lot of water to flush out all the toxins.
- Going vegetarian for a few days is going to help.
- Drink lemon water first thing in the morning.
- Avoid carbohydrates and starchy foods and go for steamed and boiled food.
- Avoid foods with preservatives and foods with high sodium or sugars.
- Do not skip any meal but try to make healthy food choices.
- Catch up on your sleep. A good night’s sleep makes a lot of difference.
- Do not forget to get back to your exercise regime.
- Drink fresh vegetable and fruit juices to fill up and avoid overeating.
There are many detox drinks which you can make easily at home for detox after Diwali or a vacation –
- Make fruit flavoured water by adding few slices of fruit in a bottle full of water. Leave it for some time and consume.
- Ginger is very good for detox. Make ginger and lemon water and consume it in the morning.
- Cucumber is another very good detox vegetable. Make cucumber and lemon water.
- Apple cider vinegar with some slices of apple is very good for detox.
- Try not to overdo anything. Take a professionals help before starting anything as they can plan a detoxification program for you.
Other than body detoxification after festivals and celebrations, we also need digital detox and a detox from all the negativity around us.
We are all glued to the gadgets all the time and most of our lives revolve around our phones and different apps. How about a break from Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp for a day or two?
Keep your phone on silent and read a book, spend time with your family, go out for a movie. Digital detox is good for you as it can help you to explore those things which you normally fail to even notice.
Other than this, it’s important to stay away from the negativity by spending time with positive people and avoiding those who give negative vibes. Listen to some good music, motivational speeches and read inspirational stories. Detox from negativity is important to stay happy and healthy.
A day of conscious eating and leaving all the gadgets and negativity can help you to feel happy, healthy and lighter. A detox helps you to cleanse your body as it’s all about flushing out the toxins and feeling recharged and healthy.
What do you do to detox after Diwali or a vacation? Let us know your tips. We are waiting to hear from you.