Christmas is a festival of joy, fun, giving, and the most magical time for the kids. As Christmas holidays are approaching, we all are already in a festive mood. My kids are already planning a lot of things with their friends and I am also planning some things to keep them busy during the break.
Sharing with you all our fun activities during Christmas
- Christmas shopping- Our fun starts with shopping as we go out to get some new ornaments for the Christmas tree every year and some other Christmas stuff like candy canes, Christmas lights or other decorating and craft stuff according to the activities planned.
- Tree decorating– We have a few rituals which we do every year on Christmas like decorating a Christmas tree together. We bought a big Christmas tree a few years back and both my daughters decorate it with some new and old ornaments.
- Cooking and baking– Our holiday fun cannot be complete without little cooking and baking. My daughters and I bake cakes and cookies and decorate them according to the Christmas theme.
- Meet Santa– There is nothing more magical than taking your kids to meet Santa. We used to go every year and they used to enjoy their private chats with Santa. At some places, they have a gift giving and some fun games organised for kids.
- Christmas crafts- There are a lot of fun Christmas crafts and activities for kids which can be used to keep them busy. Try making things like a wreath, paper Christmas tree, reindeer with paper plates, handmade holiday stockings and ornaments.
- Gifts and fun– In our family, we follow the ritual of buying gifts for each other and hiding under the tree on Christmas eve. Initially, when kids used to believe in Santa, it was always gift shopping for them but now we do it together as they know that their parents are their Santa.
- Christmas party– Last but not least, I arrange one Christmas party for them and their friends. They have fun playing games like secret Santa, exchanging gifts, singing carols together and dressing up in red, green and white.
How are you planning to celebrate the Christmas holidays with your kids?
December 19, 2016 at 11:07 am
All excellent trips. Maybe when M grows up a bit, I can introduce these. For now, it will just be a Sunday at home. 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 11:32 am
Yup..its fun once they grow up and we can do different things with them. Thanks for stopping by Naba:)
December 19, 2016 at 11:12 am
Lovely! I’ve never quite got into any of these, Christmas remaining an essentially spiritual festival for me.
December 19, 2016 at 11:32 am
Thanks a lot Corrine for stopping by 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 2:16 pm
It’s such a fun festival.Christmas .Children can really enjoy themselves making these craft stuff and baking.Me snd Rai love baking together.
It’s always fun
December 19, 2016 at 2:47 pm
Thanks a lot Amrita 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Thanks for sharing some lovely ideas to add to the fun of Christmas. 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Thanks a lot Esha 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 2:49 pm
Thanks for sharing some fun ideas for the Christmas. We do love decorating the Christmas Tree and the kiddo Christmas party at home is great fun too 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 4:03 pm
Thanks esha ..glad you liked it 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 11:16 pm
Those are some fun ideas for christmas. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! 🙂
December 19, 2016 at 11:33 pm
Thanks dashy 🙂
December 20, 2016 at 11:20 am
These all are awesome amazing activities and kids would love all of them. Especially decorating the tree and pictures with ?. Thanks for sharing ☺️
December 20, 2016 at 11:44 am
Thanks a lot Richa 🙂
December 20, 2016 at 11:21 am
Christmas did not mean anything to us when we were kids and also until a few years ago. It gathered prominence when D was 3+ and we lived in UK. Now we have a small christmas tree which we are going to decorate and light it up if I miraculously come to remember of where did I keep the lights after last christmas 😀 😀
December 20, 2016 at 11:46 am
Same here..even we enjoy it more with our kids now than earlier. And I also have to look for all the stuff as christmas break is fast approaching. Thanks for stopping by 🙂
December 20, 2016 at 2:15 pm
WOW! Congrats Deepa! on doing the linky party with Amrita. All the best to both of you.
Back at home Christmas was so much fun, the place we lived had a lot of ANglo Indians and we used have carols and sunday classes and so full night prayers and Christ birth plays. I miss them so much here, I have never actually tried on any Christmas decors. Feeling like doing this time,
Menaka Bharathi has recently published http://www.simpleindianmom.in/vertical-gardening-basics-rules/
December 20, 2016 at 2:42 pm
Thanks a lot Menaka. It was fun hosting linky party with you too.Hope you are SIM organics are doing good. Christmas is a fun festival for kids. I am sure your kids look forward to the gifts from santa too. 🙂
December 20, 2016 at 3:40 pm
It’s always fun during Christmas.
Thanks for sharing amazing ides to make it more fun-loving for kids & parents.
December 20, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Yes Christmas is lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by Sonalini 🙂
December 20, 2016 at 4:54 pm
Looks like a wonderful list 🙂
I’m unable to see a linky-thing? Cant link my post!
December 20, 2016 at 6:34 pm
Thanks Zainab..if u cant link let me know. Send me details..will do it for u.
December 20, 2016 at 8:00 pm
I wish I had a son/ daughter. Maybe for the time being, I will engage in all those fun deeds with my parents 🙂
December 20, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Thanks a lot Maliny for stopping by 🙂
December 22, 2016 at 10:16 pm
Excellent ideas. All tick and Crafts are WIP all the way till new years. Already made a Santa on an ice-cream stick, underwater animals on paper plates and Christmas buntings. And its been only 4 days since holidays started!
December 22, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Great..In my house it’s little late this year as holidays starting from tomorrow. Thanks a lot for stopping by Mandavi 🙂
December 23, 2016 at 4:55 pm
For me the best thing about Christmas is shopping n for my daughters it’s decorating the tree. But it’s the festive spirit in the atmosphere during this festive season right upto new year which is most contagious….
December 23, 2016 at 11:08 pm
Shopping and tree decoration ..both r fun. We also love the festive spirit around the festival. Thanks Milan 🙂
December 25, 2016 at 11:08 pm
Kids are the creators of fun and liveliness on every festival.our life revolves around them. And while making them busy when we start enjoying the festival we don’t even know.
December 26, 2016 at 12:01 am
Agree Geethica..Thanks a lot 🙂
December 28, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Well, I got my grandson a GIngerbread house kit to make and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve got some great ideas to keep toddlers busy after Christmas but during the holidays
December 28, 2016 at 6:15 pm
Thanks for writing for #mondaymommymoments. 🙂
December 30, 2016 at 1:25 pm
December 30, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Thanks Ila 🙂