When you have a small baby at home, there are a few essential things. To name a few, baby cots, diapers, baby wipes, baby bath products, etc. But according to me, baby laundry detergent is a product that really makes a huge difference. Baby’s skin is sensitive and soft and that’s why need a detergent made specifically for them. I am sharing a list of sulfate free baby laundry detergent in India.
How to choose the right baby laundry detergent-
- A liquid laundry detergent is always better than a powder one.
- Make sure to check for the ingredients. It should be free from any products which can irritate the skin like strong fragrances or dyes.
- Look for laundry detergents that are plant-based and chemical-free.
- A very important thing to see is to check if it’s allergen-free. Baby’s skin is sensitive and that’s why the detergent should be hypoallergenic.
How to make use of the baby laundry detergent in the right way –
A new baby means a lot of laundries to do. Also, one must know how to do it the right way without spoiling the cute little clothes. Machine wash is better than hand wash. Also, wash baby clothes separately and try not to mix with other clothes. It’s always better to pretreat stains so that they are easy to wash later. Make use of the baby care wash option if you have it in your washing machine. Hand wash is okay for small lots or when it’s not very dirty.
5 best baby laundry detergent in India –
There are many options available these days when it comes to baby laundry detergents. When my kids were small, there were not many options. I am sharing a few which are good ones along with their details in terms of ingredients and features-
- Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Laundry Detergent for babies – This is a detergent which most of my mommy friends are using or used for their kids/babies. It is natural, biodegradable, and non-toxic. There are botanical herbs like eucalyptus oil, neem and aloe extracts to keep your baby’s laundry soft and fresh. It is dermatologically tested and is also free from any harsh chemicals. It is perfect to remove any tough stains like baby food or any spills as it has bio enzymes.
The best part is that it is gentle for a baby’s gentle skin as it has plant products. As a mom, I am sure you look for many different products before choosing the right one for your baby. So, Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Laundry Detergent has all the good ingredients to make it the right choice for you and your baby. Using it is also easy, just pour 5 ml of liquid detergent in water and soak clothes for some time and cleaning them for hand wash and pouring it in the washing machine and add the soiled products for a wash. Main features of this detergent –
- Free of fragrance
- Free of brighteners/dyes
- No preservatives
2. Mee Mee liquid laundry detergent– I have heard about it but one thing to be noted is that Mee Mee liquid detergent is not free from chemicals and has a fragrance too. But the ingredients used are not harmful to the baby’s skin.
It is anti-bacterial and environmental friendly. It gives powerful cleaning and has a gentle formulation. Also, it helps to remove the dirt, soil, and any food items easily from the baby’s clothes.
3. Pigeon laundry detergent – It has plant-based ingredients and removes tough stains easily. It is not fragrance-free but has some natural fragrances. Also, it’s gentle on both hands and clothes.
It is safe for a baby’s skin as it is free from phosphates, chemicals, and alcohol-free. You might find it a little expensive but one bottle can last you up to 1-2 months.
4. Chicco baby laundry detergent – It is specifically made for cleaning baby clothes. It has Aloe Vera and removes stains and smells but it has a scent. You can use it for both hand wash and machine wash for cleaning.
It contains some anionic surfactants between 5 percent and 15 percent and non-ionic surfactants less than 5 percent. You can use the detergent cap as a measuring cup and it can help you know how much actually you can use per load.
5. Luv lap baby liquid detergent – It has an advanced softening factor, which keeps baby clothes soft. Also, it is anti-bacterial, non-toxic with no added colours, and is gentle on the baby’s skin. The anti-mildew factor is a plus point especially if there is any wetness in clothes.
One thing to note is that the refill pack price is a little on the higher side compared to other baby liquid detergents.
Choosing the right detergent is not easy, but it is surely the right way to protect your baby’s skin. So, make sure to do your research right and do a test to check any skin reactions whenever you change your baby’s detergent. Hope you liked this list of 5 baby laundry detergent in India. Do share if you have any suggestions.