Do you think you don’t get enough time to eat fruits daily?
Are you always on the run and eat whatever you can make in a jiffy?
Do you always worry about your kids not eating enough fruits and vegetables?
Let me just give you some tips to include fruits in your daily meals.
Why eat fruits?
- Fruits provide us vitamins and minerals.
- They also provide us antioxidants to fight diseases.
- They boost our immunity.
- A natural way to get essential nutrients and they are low in calories too.
How much to eat?
- One person should have at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Fruit or vegetable juice is a good option too. One serving – One glass of juice.
- 1 medium fruit like apple, pear, banana, and orange – one serving.
- 2-3 Small fruits like peach or apricot – 1 serving
- Large fruits like melons- 1 slice is good.
How to include?
- Use grated vegetables as parathas or pancakes for kids.
- Drink a glass of fruit or vegetable juice for the fresh start of the day. It’s a good option if you are always on the run and miss out on your daily dose of fruits or veggies.
- Eat a bowl of fresh fruits as a dessert.
- Smoothies and shakes are great options too.
- A bowl of salad for snacks.
Fruit chocolate pops are very simple and everyone enjoys it in summers especially kids. It is better than other ice-creams and desserts available outside which are made with artificial colours or preservatives.
Read this – 5 non-heat cooking recipes for kids.
You can also make fruit skewers with 3-4 different fruits on a stick. These are made with real fruits and no artificial flavours or chemicals. Therefore, it has all the goodness of a fruit. You can just serve them without any coating too. Today we are making chocolate dipped fruit pops.
These chocolate pops made with real fruits are easy to make and anytime you are out of ideas for a dessert, try this simple and easy recipe.
- 1 banana
- 5-6 strawberries
- 50 gm grapes
- 50 gm dark chocolate, melted
- For topping: sprinkles, white chocolate, chocolate chips etc. (optional)
- Skewers or pop sticks or fruit sticks – depending on how many you are making
- Wash and dry the strawberries and other fruits you are using nicely.
- Cut all the fruits into chunks.
- Melt the dark chocolate using two bowl method (warm water in a saucepan and take chocolate chunks in a small bowl and keep over the simmering water, stirring ½ tablespoons of milk into it.)
- Alternatively, you can even melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the fruits one by one into the dark chocolate and use a spoon to pour the chocolate over the fruits, covering them all, and then let the excess run back into the bowl.
- Place on a sheet or a plate and you can now either drizzle sprinkles or decorate with white chocolate. Wait for few seconds until it becomes firm to serve.
- Refrigerate for best results.
Use any fruits which you like according to your taste and liking.
You can just melt chocolate chips to get liquid chocolate for drizzling over fruits.
Read here – My A to Z challenge posts 2017
Find out more – Nutrition tips and nutritional recipes
Read my theme reveal post here.
I am sharing 26 healthy recipes under 30 minutes full this month.
See the recipes till now –
A for Apple coconut squares
B for a Bracing burger
C for Carrot walnut muffins
D for Dhokla with a twist
E for Eggless Pancake