Eggs are a complete food in itself. They are rich in proteins and many essential nutrients. The next recipe is a vegetarian alternative which is equally rich in proteins. The main ingredient which we are using is chickpea flour or besan. It is made from channa dal (lentil).
Pulses include lentils, peas and different beans like chickpeas, kidney beans etc. They are a very good source of proteins and also a good source of fiber and minerals.
- Pulses are good for people who are on a gluten-free diet or vegan.
- Pulses are good for people who don’t eat meat and eggs as pulses can provide them required proteins.
- Sometimes it causes gas and bloating in some people. So reduce your dal or pulse content or try some other pulse for some days and observe the symptoms.
Our recipe today is mainly for those who do not eat eggs or like them for many reasons and it is also for those kids who run away from vegetables. We can also call it an eggless vegetable omelette. You can make this for breakfast or for evening snacks. Another good option is packing it in school tiffin box.
- 100 gm besan (gram flour)
- 1 green chili finely chopped, optional
- 1 finely chopped onion
- ½ cup water to make the batter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- For stuffing –
- 100 gm mashed paneer
- ½ onion chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper or red chilly according to your liking and taste
- Take besan and add water slowly to make a smooth batter, the consistency of pancake batter or Dosa batter. Add the green chilies, onion, and salt. Mix well.
- Mix the batter nicely to get a smooth mixture.
- Take a non-stick skillet and use it to prepare pancakes and make it ready by applying some oil on it before pouring the batter.
- Now pour batter into the skillet and spread evenly using back of the spoon. Starting from center spread it outwards.
- Wait about 30 seconds and flip the pancake with a spatula.
- Now add paneer mixture on one side of the pancake and fold the pancake into the half.
- Cook nicely on both sides until golden brown.
- Eggless pancake is ready to serve.
Just make a vegetable pancake without stuffing. That also tastes good and is equally healthy.
Paneer stuffing is optional. You can also skip the paneer stuffing. The pancake tastes good without it too.
Read here – My A to Z challenge posts 2017
Find out more – Nutrition tips and nutritional recipes
Read my theme reveal post here.
I am sharing 26 healthy recipes under 30 minutes full this month.
See the recipes till now –
A for Apple coconut squares
B for a Bracing burger
C for Carrot walnut muffins
D for Dhokla with a twist