Lemon always reminds me of my childhood days as it takes me back to the time when during summers my mom used to make lemonade or ‘shikanji’ as we used to call it.
During summer vacations, it used to be kids duty to make it for the whole family and I enjoyed making it. My dad was very fond of lemons and would use it in most of his dishes. According to him, a lemon added an extra zing to any dish due to its freshness and flavour. Lemon is an excellent source of Vitamin C. If you include it in your diet every day, you can fulfill your daily recommended numbers of Vitamin C easily.
The other ingredient which we are using today is another good source of Vitamin C. We are using cranberry juice for this easy and summer special refreshing drink. Cranberries are low in calories, and rich in many different vitamins and minerals. It is very popular for its benefits to help in a urinary tract infection for its ability to wash away bacteria fast from your body.
One main ingredient of a mojito is mint leaves. Fresh mint leaves give it a refreshing taste. Mojito is a kind of mocktail which is made of lemons and mint as the base. You can use any kind of fresh fruit juice to make a mojito. Mint is a herb which helps in digestion and also healing. It can be easily used in any dish to give that minty flavour. It has phytonutrients with antioxidants which help in digestion and has good medicinal properties.
Cranberries are available in dried form and can be used in desserts or salads. Today we are using it in making a mocktail with lemon juice and fresh mint leaves.
Mojitos can be made in any flavour with any fruit. Mint, soda water, and lemon remain the main ingredients. Lemon cranberry mojito mocktail is a refreshing drink with the goodness of lemons, cranberry juice, and mint.
- Cranberry juice 1 cup (cold)
- 1tsp ginger syrup
- 1tsp fresh lime juice, plus extra lime slices to serve and to make a mojito
- Large handful mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Chilled Soda water – 1 cup
- Place the diced lime in the bottom of a glass.
- Take some mint leaves and add to the glass.
- Now add powdered sugar. Muddle the ingredients together for about 10 seconds or until well blended
- Fill the rest of the glass with ice, and cranberry juice.
- Top it up with soda water. Give the mix a good stir.
- To serve, pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with extra mint leaves and lime slices.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge at the edge of the glass and add fresh cranberries if you have.
- Enjoy the chilled mojito.
You can reduce sugar according to your liking. Make sure to have it chilled for best results.
Normally in a mojito recipe, ginger is not used but I use it to make this mocktail as I like the flavour. Its optional and you can skip it if you don't like the flavour.
Read here – My A to Z challenge posts 2017
Find out more – Nutrition tips and nutritional recipes
Read my theme reveal post here.
I am sharing 26 healthy recipes under 30 minutes full this month.
See the recipes till now –
A for Apple coconut squares
B for a Bracing burger
C for Carrot walnut muffins
D for Dhokla with a twist
E for Eggless Pancake
F for Fruit chocolate pops
I for Instant paneer tikka
J for Jaggery Dates chutney