Cooking is all about creativity and I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen. As a big fan of creativity, I feel cooking is an art which helps you to unwind and relax. I like to try out new dishes and experiment with different ingredients.
I feel happy whenever I try a new recipe and it comes out well and everybody appreciates it at home. Cooking for me is all about enjoying and learning. Every time you try something new, you learn a thing or two either about an ingredient or about the measurements. I enjoy cooking wonderful and yummy recipes for my family and friends.
Vegetables are something which we can use to create some healthy and simple recipes. Vegetable corn kababs are easy to make and are a variation of the normal vegetable cutlets which you make at home. The main ingredient in this dish is corn. Other than that the two main vegetables are potatoes and carrots. You can include any vegetables you want but if you want the taste of corn to come out, it’s better to not go with too many other ingredients.
My early memories of corn are corn on cobs which we used to get in summers. My favourite was the boiled one with a spicy chutney and also the sand roasted ones. Corn is rich in many phytochemicals and vitamins like A, B, E, and K.
They are rich in Beta-carotene which gets converted to vitamin A and is responsible for the yellow colour. Coming to the recipe, these cutlets or corn kebabs can be shallow fried or you can also use air fryer to cook them. Vegetable corn kebabs are my family’s favourite snacks. Hope you like it too.
If you don’t want to cook in the kebab form, you can use the same mixture to make cutlets instead of corn kebabs.
- 1 cup steamed corns
- 2 small potatoes (boiled)
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- 1 green chilly chopped (Optional)
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tsp besan or gram flour
- ¼th tsp garam masala
- ¼th tsp chili powder
- Salt to taste
- First of all, you have to make corn paste. For it, take corns, ginger garlic paste and coriander leaves in a blender and grind to a paste. Keep it aside.
- Now wash, peel and grate the carrot.
- After that peel and mash the boiled potato and mix corn mixture and carrots in it.
- Now add chilly powder, garam masala, salt and besan and mix it properly.
- Keep it aside for 5-10 minutes and take out wooden skewers by that time.
- Now divide the mixture into small portions. Rub little oil on your hand and take the mixture, flatten it on your palm and put the skewer in the center and wrap the mixture around the stick.
- Now take oil in a pan and shallow fry the kebabs until golden brown.
- Take out and serve with chutney or sauce of your choice.
Its advisable to keep the corn and vegetable mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour as it sets it and you get better kababs.
Read here – My A to Z challenge posts 2017
Find out more – Nutrition tips and nutritional recipes
Read my theme reveal post here.
I am sharing 26 healthy recipes under 30 minutes full this month.
See the recipes till now –
A for Apple coconut squares
B for a Bracing burger
C for Carrot walnut muffins
D for Dhokla with a twist
E for Eggless Pancake
F for Fruit chocolate pops
I for Instant paneer tikka
J for Jaggery Dates chutney
K for Kale grilled sandwich
L for Lemon cranberry mojito
M for Mango brown rice salad
O for Oats beetroot Dosa
Q for Quinoa veg salad
R for Red sauce pasta with spinach
S for Sprouts salad
T for Tomato soup
U for Ultimate Utappam