Have you heard of Zero Waste Travel? Do you take care of small things to keep nature clean and green when you travel with zero waste travel tips?
Zero waste travel is a way by which you cut down on waste when you travel. Many of travel lovers enjoy beautiful natural locations but not everyone makes sure to keep it clean. As a result of this, some of our beautiful tourist locations are no longer what they were earlier.
Its easier said than done but with small steps, you can try zero waste travel. I am sharing a few tips for that –
- Carry your own reusable plates and cutlery. This way you can avoid using the plastic ones which you commonly get everywhere you travel. You can also get travel cutlery made of reusable material like bamboo and steel. Pack the basic things like a cup, plate, spoon, fork, a flask, and some reusable napkins and you are good to go.
- Pack your own shopping bag to avoid using the plastic ones which you get at many places. Carry a cloth bag or reusable one which you can keep in your handbag. It can come handy whenever you need it while exploring a place especially for groceries etc.
- Buy toiletries like soap, shampoo, face wash, etc. which come in reusable bottles. Otherwise, you can buy small reusable bottles and carry your toiletries in those according to a number of days you are travelling. That way you can avoid any waste from plastic bottles and paper wrapped soaps which you normally get in hotels.
- Carry your own reusable water bottle to avoid buying the disposable ones. The plastic bottles are the main culprit which tourists leave everywhere they go and they litter their surroundings. There are some other options available these days like a two in one bottle which can be used as a coffee mug too. You can check such options to avoid carrying too many things.
- Look for places to recycle waste when you travel. These days many places have this option and best way to dispose of the waste properly. I know it’s not easy to find a recycle bin at every place you travel and a lot of time goes into research. In such a case, just carry a disposable bag to keep your waste items with you till you find a way to recycle it or dispose of it properly.
I love travelling but it breaks my heart to see beautiful places like beaches and famous monuments littered by tourists. On my recent trip to Phuket, I saw the problem and thought its high time people understand the value of Zero waste travel. If we all can take small steps, together we can make this world a better place. I pledge to make a change. Do you?
I am sharing my memories of different places from my travel list this April.
#AtoZchallenge 2019 previous posts –
A for Amritsar
B for Bangalore
C for Chicago
D for Delhi
E for evergreen Kerala
F for Fun Las Vegas
G for Goa
H for Haridwar
I for Mackinac Island
J for Jammu
K for Kullu Manali
L for Los Angeles
M for Milwaukee
No for Niagara Falls
O for Orlando
P for Phuket
Q for Queen of Hills Mussoorie
R for Rare masterpiece Agra
S for St. Louis
T for The city beautiful Chandigarh
U for Ujjain
V for Vaishno Devi
W for Wayanad
X for Xmas in New York
Y for Yercaud